Rocks in our heads?
No, just on our minds.
Many people of all ages and from all walks of life discover in lapidary an ideal life-long hobby/craft/obsession.
Lapidary is the art of cutting and polishing precious stones.
The Essendon Gem and Lapidary Club was formed way back in 1969 to provide an opportunity for people with a wide variety of interests in precious and semi-precious gemstones and minerals to meet together to share their knowledge, develop their skills and enjoy the fellowship of those who share those interests.
The Essendon Gem & Lapidary Club is a genuine family friendly club.
We welcomes member with children who would also like to have fun participating in this fascinating range of lapidary and allied crafts.
Our Club offers:
- A hobby for all ages in a family-friendly environment
- Inexpensive membership
- Our own clubrooms with fully equipped workshops
- The opportunity to form friendships with people who share your interest
- Free instruction in basic lapidary skills
- Regular courses in advanced lapidary work including faceting, wire wrapping and silver-smithing
- Occasional field trips to collect material
- Access to club library and lapidary information
- An annual exhibition